huhtikuuta 02, 2006

I'm back!

Gosh, I've been gone for nearly three weeks! Pheew! Well, I'll try to be a good girl from now on and write here a bit more often.

I came back from Barcelona late last wednesday. A week of sunshine and warmth, parks and beaches, museums, churches, art and architecture, tapas, sangria, carajillos and pastries behind me. It was GOOOOOD! Especially the sunshine.

The first couple of days the temperature was still below twenty, but on the best days it got to somewhere around 23 degrees. When I left Finland Tuesday morning, it was in the freezing weather of -12 degrees, so I rather enjoyed the difference. In Barcelona it was also easy to notice how people in different parts of the world are accustomed to different weather. You could see tourists there enjoying the weather in t-shirts and some even in shorts; the locals on the other hand were sporting heavy winter coats and shoes. Winter coats in a weather the likes of which you can expect here in June or July...

I don't still have too many pics to show, since the CD on which I loaded the pics, claims to be empty. I may have to wait until I get the pictures from my sister's computer, which may take quite a long time. There are a meagre six or seven pics on my photobucket, so those who know and remember the address can go and check them out. Most of the good pics are still to come though, since there really was quite a lot to see.

Montjuïc and Park Güell ended up being my favourite places. Montjuïc is a beautiful tall hill, on which you can find beautiful parks, museums and an old 18th century castle (and for instance the Olympic Stadium which failed to interest me in the least). I did however spend two days up near the castle, on a beautiful place overlooking the sea, reading my book and enjoying my lunch.

Park Güell, a beautiful park with lots of Antonio Gaudi's designs, was equally beautiful. The only annoying thing were the immense hoards of Italian, French and Spanish school children of all ages, who had taken over entire Barcelona. There were all over Park Güell as well, but eventually I succeeded in finding a place up in the hills, where I could settle with my book and lunch without being deafened by all the yelling and laughing.

I got more convinced than ever that heaven is sunbathing among nature and reading a good book. There really is nothing better.

And think that some lucky buggers get to do that for nearly all year round, whereas we are lucky if we manage two months.

Ei kommentteja: