tammikuuta 15, 2006

Presidential elections

The smell of tar is one of the most wonderful smells in the world. The parental units left today and I have the house to myself. I’ve been to the sauna again and I think I will continue to put it to good use during the next two weeks. If the firewood runs out before the summer you’ll know who to blame.

Oh dear, the weather forecast is promising -23 degrees for Thursday. Damn. I’m going to have to move to the sauna.

Today was the first round of the presidential elections. About eighty percent of the votes have been counted and it looks like a second round will be necessary. Two more weeks of televised debates then. I haven’t really followed them very thoroughly, since I knew who I would vote for and I find most of the TV-debates very embarrassing. The candidates can’t be very frank in their answers, some of the questions are completely idiotic and everyone is getting agitated and talking on top of each other. With just two candidates it might be better, more civilised and hopefully without the need to make the candidates play monkeys.

Now 96.3 percent have been counted and there will definitely be a second round.

Ei kommentteja: