toukokuuta 18, 2006

watching TV

I ran into a nice wicker chairs and a couch combination last Saturday. It was on sale and so I decided to buy it for the balcony. Now it has arrived. I had to find space for one of the chairs in the living room, since my balcony is really quite small. It does look nice now and I'm hoping that the weather gets warm enough soon, so I can have breakfast on the balcony.

It has been ridiculously cold after our short spell of summer. One day earlier this week it was only +6 degrees. Very annoying when you have to be wearing gloves in May. It is beautifully green though. I went out for a walk in the morning and it was gorgeous in the forest. The birds were singing and sun shining. Lovely.

I also find it lovely that I was thinking about my dissertation all the way through the walk. I've finally found the approach to it that really interests me. That makes me want to get to work in the mornings. Before this week I had never experienced flow when writing work stuff. Now I have. I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that the stuff I'm reading and writing now is sort of anthropological and theoretical stuff. What do we learn from this - do the things that interest you, not what others expect of you.

Ei kommentteja: