lokakuuta 10, 2007

Autumn is coming

Just came back from town with T. We walked there, we walked back, we - or he - shopped some presents for his children, we stopped in two bars on the way back and had some beer. Yep, me too. I've finally decided to learn how to drink beer. I think it is bloody time considering that one is 30 and then some. I suppose it goes without saying that it was again fun.

Yep, today was a good day. I got the tickets to the Marilyn Manson concert. That will be 20th of December in Helsinki, which is also the day when I will be coming home. Just so you know. Hehe, Marilyn Manson. I'm really looking forward to that.

Work wise I had a really good day too. I read a wee bit of Thunander and decided to take a closer look at my own dissertation - yes, again. I think I am fairly happy with the first 130 pages or so and they may actually work after all. But I also realised that in the remainder there is nearly 100 pages where I have maybe ten footnotes altogether. That is not good. Not good at all. It means, you see, that I have lot's of stuff there, but it doesn't really say anything. It is silent and incapable of communicating - it is in essence dead stuff. I have to find the wall that will reflect its voice back and I will have to find it soon.

Yep, yep, I'll continue with that tomorrow. It will require quite a lot of effort, but for once I think that it will succeed in the end. It will be a book. That sounds almost scary. Me - finish something? I could be a doctor of laws this time next year?

I wonder why it sounds scary. Is it because I know that the book won't be as good as I had hoped. Because of what that says about me. Or because finishing this project means the beginning of something new and I don't want to face that. Face the unknown, make the conscious decisions about what to do next. I always keep postponing decisions, you see, to the last possible point. Especially if they are important things and this certainly is.

Currently listening to: Viikate - Siunattu hiljaisuudessa

Ei kommentteja: