lokakuuta 30, 2007

Kunst

It's a nice thing when the sun shines. I walked to town again, listening mostly to Marilyn Manson. He makes some nice music, which is very good for all sorts of twisted daydreams. I bought his new album today, along with the new ones of Subway to Sally and Diary of Dreams. I was really starting to need some new music.

The new album - the actual cover, not the music - of Diary of Dreams is the best I've come across so far. It's an actual little book and starts with a very nice quote. "Kunst ist nur ein Wort für das, was man nicht mit Wörten beschreiben kann" (Steven Lee Peterson). Art is just a word for that, what one can't describe with words. I like that. That's precisely what art is.

I didn't go to town for music - well, not directly anyway. I went to get some make-up and to look for cameras. Both because of music though, since I'm off to Augsburg tomorrow. The flash of my camera is broken and I was thinking of getting a new one, because it would have been nice to get some pics of Eisbrecher. In the end I couldn't make up my mind and so I don't have a new camera. If I am not meant to get a good picture of Eisbrecher (read Alexx) then I am not. It's not like that is going to be one of those experiences that I will forget. At least not if it is going to be even half as good as the Rammstein gigs, which are still very, very high on my list of best things in the world. If they are going to tour for the next album, I am so doing some massive travelling. Gosh, it was fabulous. --- Okay, I'm back. I just had to go and read my report of Rammstein's performance at Ruisrock. I had forgotten all the details actually, but I haven't forgotten the feeling. I still get a silly smile on my face just thinking about it. It was so utterly perfect.

I don't think there is much one can say after that. Blessed be the things that one loves.

I may not be able to write from Augsburg, in which case I'll be writing again on Saturday. Until then. Live well and enjoy life.

Currently listening to: Diary of Dreams - Tears of Joy

Ei kommentteja: