syyskuuta 18, 2007

First colder day

Today I've been to the movies. To see how the German Kinos work and to find out it I would understand the language. The result was that I didn't get quite all of it, but enough to be able to comfortably follow the story. Reminded me actually a little of the first time of going to the movies in the States. I didn't get all of it then either even though my English was better already then than my German is now.

I went to the movies after having just come from a bookstore, where I purchased a good grammar guide and a practise book. I can understand written German better and better, but I came to the conclusion that if I want to leave here speaking fluent German, I have to start actively practising. So now I have the books for that. We'll see how that works.

Jep, but what else. I booked the train and the hotel for the Augsburg trip yesterday. I have also tried to decide where else I would like to go, since there are lots of free weekends and quite a good amount of relatively cheap trips on offer. Oh, jeeee. It seems I am going to do all of the travelling that I didn't do during the past ten years during these four months alone. I am really going to get spoiled here with all these possibilities.

I have to figure out how it is possible to live with this stresslessness, this enthusiasm for new things and for learning in Helsinki too. It has to be possible.

Ei kommentteja: